The Buckeye State Button Society (“the Society”) is a non-profit society committed to create interest in the study-of buttons and to encourage research and promote educational exhibits on the art and history of buttons. During our interaction with members and non-members alike we may collect, use, and disclose personal information you have given us. We are committed to responsibly and to maintain the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of such personal information.
Personal information includes information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your address, telephone number and email address. However, publicly available information, such as a public directory listing of your name, address and telephone number is not considered personal information. Many features are open to use on our website where we intend to collection no personal information.
In this policy:
- “Society” means the business of operating the Buckeye State Button Society which includes the Web site.
- “Membership” means a membership in the Buckeye State Button Society
- “we”, “us”, “our” and the “Club” refer to the Buckeye State Button Society and/or www.ohiobuttons.org
- “Web site” refers to the web site found at www.ohiobuttons.org
2. Collection of Personal Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information from you and about you is to ensure the provision of high-quality products and/or services. We only collect personal information from and about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose and to permit us to conduct the Society diligently.
3. Use of Your Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect from and about you to:
- ensure the provision of high-quality membership services.
- inform you about online and offline offers, membership services, updates and events (including renewal of your Membership).
- enable us to contact you.
- establish and maintain communication with you.
- assist us in complying with legal and regulatory requirements.
- provide you with information concerning the business operation of the Society.
We may also use your personal information as may be described to you at the time of collection. We may compare and review your personal information for errors and omissions and for accuracy. We may use personal information about you, in a non-personally identifiable manner, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze Memberships, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize our Web site’s content, layout, and services. These uses are to enable us to improve the Society and to better tailor the Society to meet your needs.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
As a matter of policy, we do not give, sell, rent, or lease any of your personal information to third parties without your explicit consent. However, there are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose some of your personal information, including the following:
- We may disclose your personal information as may be required by law.
5. Control of Your Password
You are responsible for all actions taken with any user ID and/or password used to access the Web site. Therefore, we recommend that you not disclose your password to any third parties. If you choose to share your user ID, your password, or your personal information with a third party, you are responsible for all actions resulting therefrom. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over certain personal information. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password.
6. Access, Review, Change and Destruction of Your Personal Information
You may access, review and/or change the personal information we have in our files by submitting a written request to do so to the contact information or address below. We ask that you promptly advise us of any changes to your information. Upon your written request, we will destroy, as soon as reasonably possible and in accordance with our internal policies and applicable law, any and all personal information that we have in our files about you.
7. Other Information Collectors
8. Protecting Your Privacy
The personal information that is retained by us is kept in a secure environment and we use reasonable procedural and technical safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access or disclosure. While we employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the Society, we cannot ensure perfect security, particularly in relation to the Web site.
9. Amendments to This Policy
10. Privacy Information Officer Access, Questions, or Concerns
If you wish to access, review and/or change your personal information contained in our files or if you have any questions or concerns about our privacy principles outlines above or about our practices, please contact us at:
Buckeye State Button Society